Oklahoma Edge Softball Parent, Family, Fans Code of Conduct Agreement
I understand that the Oklahoma Edge is a competitive sports team and there are no guarantees as to the amount of playing time or position that my daughter will play during games. I am aware that the team has limited membership, and as such that my daughter’s participation is crucial in maintaining the high standards of play the team is working to attain.
The objective of the Oklahoma Edge organization is to provide your child with a wholesome atmosphere in which to engage in a healthy athletic competition. Our goal is to build character in our young players. Because of the excitement and high emotion of some of our games, guidelines regarding what this organization expects from parents and their children appear in this agreement and the player’s code of conduct.
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, and good citizenship.
Please know that cheering, excitement and exuberance is encouraged, but please be careful and always express this in a positive manner. Even when being vocal in an attempt to help a child, you should avoid acting or saying anything that is demeaning to your child or someone else’s.
By signing this agreement you understand you are not alone when things are said and done at games. Your daughter, the players and parents from both teams observe and hear everything that is said and done. Parent’s poor or over-the-top behavior will ruin the experience for others.
At Games, only the coaches will be allowed in the dugout and/or on the bench.
The organization will not tolerate any behavior on the playing field or in the stands which would hinder the spirit of sportsmanship and cooperation that we are trying to encourage.
- DO NOT COACH YOUR CHILD FROM THE STANDS. The coach and player on the field may have specific signs, or prearranged scenarios to ask a player to do something. Do not interfere with that Coach’s instruction. Please think twice before saying something critical.
- Abusive and foul language is not permitted.
- I will emphasize skill development with my daughter and agree to practice softball on a weekly basis.
- Conduct of any guests of parents is the responsibility of the parent/guardian whose child is a participate on the team.
- This is an elite travel program. I will do my part to have my player attend all practices, tournaments/ scrimmages, and fundraisers at the designated time.
*IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT IN ATTENDANCE A VALID EXPLANATION IS EXPECTED
- Reinforce and remind your daughter to honor the player’s code of conduct she is bound to uphold.
- I will make sure my daughter remains in the dugout and/or on the bench when she is not in the game, and to cheer her teammates.
- I will remember that children participate in sports to have fun and that the game is for youths, not adults.
- I will inform the coaches of any ailment, injury or physical disability that may affect the safety of the child or the safety of others.
- I will not openly complain about or, bring up, team issues or my displeasure about other players in front of my daughter, other players or team parents.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during the games and will never question, discuss, or confront the coaching staff after the game. I will take the time to speak with the coaches at an agreed appropriate time.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to understand the concept of what it means to be a team player.
- I will demand that my child treat other players and coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, ability, or difference of opinion.
- I will learn the rules and policies of the team, and of the game we play.
- I will not yell at, criticize, or ridicule my child or any participant for making a mistake or for a loss, while still in the presence of any team, coach or officials.
- I will reinforce to my child not to ask the coaches during a game, scrimmage, or practice about playing time, batting order placement, starting or substitute status. Should I have any questions concerning specific playing time, position(s), and/or concerns regarding interest in specific areas of the game, I will discuss this matter with the coaches directly at the appropriate time and place (outside of team events).
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner, even after a loss or bad game.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility, verbal abuse, or violence.
- I will not disrespect the property and equipment used at any sports facility. This includes disposal of trash, restrooms, and parking lot.
- No alcohol or drug use is allowed at any games, scrimmage, or practice.
- I will not force my child to play on the team if she does not want to.
- It is understood that I may withdraw my player from the team at any time upon written notice to the Head Coach. No fees will be refunded. Any uniforms or equipment must be returned to the organization upon request. Unpaid items ordered prior to withdrawal are forfeited, and name will not be release from roster without them being returned.
Player Code of Conduct
I understand that Oklahoma Edge is a competitive sport and there are no guarantees as to the amount of playing time or position that I will play during games. I will agree to listen and follow the instructions of the Team Manager, Board Members and coaching staff at ALL TIMES.
I am aware that the team has limited membership, and as such that each player’s participation (including my own) is crucial in maintaining the high standards of play we are striving to attain. As such, I understand my attendance at all games practices, team meetings, scrimmages and official games is important to the team’s success.
I agree to display good sportsmanship, positive behavior, cheer on my teammates, take pride in personal & team accomplishments, and accept winning or defeat with dignity at all times.
Obey and understand the following:
- During games: I understand that team rules require me and my team mates to remain in the dugout and/or on the bench while the game is going on (AT ALL TIMES). I am not allowed to sit with parents or with spectators. Even, if I am not in the game. (Excused illness only)
- Take pride, care and wear my uniform properly at all times.
- Wear my entire uniform at games (removal of any part for any reason must be first approved by the coach)
- During the game, I will know where my equipment is at all times, I will take care of my equipment.
- While in the dugout, I will cheer on my teammates. No distracting horse-play.
- I will pay attention to the game on the field at all times. I will watch and pay attention for base running instructions from the base coaches and not from fans watching the game, including parents.
- NO player is to question a coach about player position or playing time during a game. Either about themselves or in second hand conversation to others. There are proper times and place for this. Tournament weekend or games isn’t one.
- I agree not to: use foul language, physical aggression, and uncooperative behavior/body language (including: facial expressions, back talk, body gestures that criticize my Manager or any member of the coaching staff or players), arrive to practices, tournaments and team functions at designated time (that means I am ready to walk onto the field and play the game at all times regardless of position or playing status). When in the game, I will pay attention to the game and be ready to make a play to help my team at all times.
Consequences and Penalties
Failure to live up to the Code of Conduct, whether it be by the athlete or parent, may result in one of the following sanctions being imposed by the Coach and/or the Board of Directors upon the athlete:
- a) Suspension from the team - the suspension imposed may range anywhere from one game or practice to one or more games or weeks, depending upon the severity of the misconduct and the surrounding circumstances.
- b) Dismissal from the team for the remainder of the season.
- c) Permanent dismissal from the Oklahoma Edge Softball Organization
Two Sport Policy
A player/athlete should play softball only on one softball team during the season and not play any other sport during our time. We encourage our player/athletes to participate in sports during the off season. Playing a second sport during the softball season should be avoided at all costs due to scheduling conflicts and time commitments that both sports will involve. Any other sport being played during the softball season can lead to decreased playing time to dismissal from the team.
AUTHORIZATION TO USE PHOTOGRAPHS AND/OR AUDIO-VISUAL
I, hereby authorize the Oklahoma edge to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or video that may pertain to me—including my image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, public news releases, recruitment materials, broadcast public videos or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the Web and Facebook Page. This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by my specific rescission of this authorization. Consequently, the Oklahoma Edge may publish materials, use my name, photograph, and/or make reference to me in any manner that the coaches deem appropriate in order to promote/publicize the organization.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND THAT I UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE PROVISIONS IN THIS CODE OF CONDUCT AND THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM.
WHEN SIGNING THIS CONTRACT PLEASE PRINT THE PLAYER NAME, PARENT/GUARDIAN NAMES, AND HAVE PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURES. WITHOUT THESE YOUR CONTRACT WILL NOT BE SAVED.Please sign using a stylus, your mouse, or your finger below to authorize this contract. By electronically signing this document, you agree to the terms established above.
After the document is signed, you can proceed to print it or save it as a PDF.